Increase in fund size 2016/17
Value added in 2016/17
Fund ReturnsAs at 30 June 2017
Actual Fund Return (after costs, before NZ tax)
Value added by guardians (compared to passive Reference Portfolio benchmark)
Net return (returns over and above the Treasury Bill return – the Government's marginal cost of debt)
We invest locally and globally to deliver greater certainty for New Zealanders in their retirement.
Ka haumi pūtea mātou i te motu me te ao, e māoriori ake ai te noho a ngā tāngata o Aotearoa hei te ahungaruatanga.
2016/17 Major Achievements:
- Climate change – finalised and implemented the first stage of our strategy to deal with the risks and opportunities associated with climate change.
- Collateral optimisation - implemented a securities lending programme to generate returns and help manage collateral in the most efficient manner possible.
- Concentrated portfolio – investigated the use of a concentrated portfolio to implement the Fund’s passive global equities allocation.
Priorities for 2017/18:
- Generating domestic proprietary deal flow – progress development of the domestic Investment Hub to help drive direct investment opportunities in New Zealand.
- Climate change – continue implementation of the strategy to make the Fund more resilient to the risks posed by climate change.
- Data management – build a single multi-purpose data warehouse to implement our target information architecture and support end-user data queries and analytics; improve our data governance to ensure our key portfolio and market data remains well-governed, defined and understood.
We welcome feedback to help us improve our reporting. Comments can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.Download our full Annual Report (PDF 4,561KB)